Internal medicine involves the diagnosis and management of conditions of the major body systems and Lynne Gaskarth one of the partners holds an RCVS certificate in Small Animal Medicine.
We use investigative techniques as well as thorough clinical examination and the history of your pet to establish what your animal is suffering from and how best we can treat it.
Common Investigations include:
- Respiratory Medicine e.g investigation of nasal discharge, or a cough.
- Gastroenterology including investigation of chronic vomiting and diarrhoea
- Hepatic (Liver) disorders
- Endocrinology ( hormonal conditions)
- Urinary tract disease
- Haemolymphatic diseases (Blood disorders)
- Immune mediated diseases
- Oncology ( The diagnosis and management of cancer)
- Emergency medical cases requiring intensive care